Houses of the Oireachtas

All parliamentary debates are now being published on our new website. The publication of debates on this website will cease in December 2018.

Go to oireachtas.ie

Written Answers - Rural Environment Protection Scheme

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Dáil Éireann Debate
Vol. 760 No. 3

First Page Previous Page Page of 500 Next Page Last Page

 518.  Deputy Michael Creed Information on Michael Creed Zoom on Michael Creed  asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Information on Simon Coveney Zoom on Simon Coveney  the reason a person (details supplied) in County Cork has not yet received a REP scheme payment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16631/12]

Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine (Deputy Simon Coveney): Information on Simon Coveney Zoom on Simon Coveney The person named commenced REPS 4 in June 2008 and received payments for the first three years of their contract.

In addition, 75% of the year 4 payment issued on 16 March 2012 for the amount of €6,113.34 and the remaining 25% year 4 balancing payment of €2,037.78 will issue shortly.

 519.  Deputy Michael Creed Information on Michael Creed Zoom on Michael Creed  asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Information on Simon Coveney Zoom on Simon Coveney  the reason for the delay in a person (details supplied) in County Cork receiving a REP scheme 4 payment for 2010 and 2011; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16756/12]

Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine (Deputy Simon Coveney): Information on Simon Coveney Zoom on Simon Coveney The person named commenced REPS 4 in August 2009 and received payments for the first year of their contract.

REPS 4 is a measure under the current 2007-13 Rural Development Programme and is subject to EU Regulations which require detailed administrative checks on all applications to be completed before any payments can issue. Following a REPS inspection in June 2011 an area discrepancy was discovered in relation to an over-claim on basic lands which will result in a clawback. This issue has now been resolved and the 75% year 2 payment issued on 26 March 2012 for the amount of €5487.89. The balancing payment due will issue shortly subject to a deduction for the clawback.


Last Updated: 04/04/2015 11:08:16 First Page Previous Page Page of 500 Next Page Last Page