Snippet data - viewing only, no editing possible


Label

Field name

Field value


Sitting_Date

07/30/2020 12:00:00 AM


Sitting_Forum


Snippet Ref No

SnippetRefNo

KK00900

Selected Quill

SnippetType

1

Saved Quill

SnippetType_C4D


Selected Quill

SnippetType_1

1

Speaker Name

IndxSpeakerName

Troy, Robert

Business Category

IndxMainHeadCat

Bills

Sub Category

IndxSubTopic

Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Bill 2020

Topic

IndxQHeadTopic

Committee and Remaining Stages

See Also

SeeAlso


Part1

TitlePart1


Part2

TitlePart2


Part3

TitlePart3


Volume

VolumeNo

996

Book No

BookNo

3

Pdf Ref

PdfPageRef


Default Business Index

IndexViewCategoryDefault


3 Part Title Business Index

IndexViewCategoryTitle


Default Topic Index

IndexViewCategoryDefaultSpeaker

Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Bill 2020\Committee and Remaining Stages
Bills\Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Bill 2020\Committee and Remaining Stages

3 Part Topic Index

IndexViewCategoryTitleSpeaker


Motion Code

MotionCode


Motion Title

MotionTitle


Stage

MotionStage


Amendment No

MotionAmendmentNo


Bill Code

BillCode

B3a

Bill Title

BillTitle

Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Bill 2020

Stage

BillStage

Committee and Remaining Stages

Section

BillSection


Statement Code

StatementCode


Statement Title

StatementTitle


Stage

StatementStage


Hour Indicator

HourIndicator

Not applicable

Procedural Instruction

Procedural_Instruction

No

Debate Adjourned

DebateAdjourned

No

Question Askee

QAskee


Question Asker

QAsker


Question Department

QDept


Question ID

QID


Question Reference

QRef


Question Speaker PID

QSpeakerPID


Question Speaker PID To

QSpeakerPIDTo


Questions Asked

QUESTIONSASKED


Speaker Type

SpeakerType

1

Speaker Name

Senator


Deputy


Minister


Witness


Chairman


ViceChairman


ActingChairmanD


ActingChairmanS


Speaker4Display

Speaker4Display

Deputy Robert Troy

Speaker

Speaker

Deputy Robert Troy

SpeakerPID

SpeakerPID

RobertTroy

SpeakerText

SpeakerText

Robert Troy

OriginalUnidSnippet

OriginalUnidSnippet

31C62A6C07F96562802585B500574F93

LastModifiedSnippet

LastModifiedSnippet

01/08/2021 12:47:23 PM

TopicIndex1stCategoryValues

TopicIndex1stCategoryValues

Snippet Contents:

Amendment No. 9 has been ruled out of order. The right of access requires consultation with stakeholders, and it is not appropriate to include it in this Bill. I will not make a confirmation or commitment to support any legislation in the absence of seeing it.
I wish to take this opportunity, however, to refer, as I did in my concluding remarks on Second Stage, to an assertion that was made about the HSA only having 67 inspectors. I wish to clarify this because it was raised in the Seanad and I promised Deputy's colleague, Senator Gavan, that I would revert on it. He made the same assertion, but it does not take account of or acknowledge that an additional 500 inspectors were transferred from within the Civil Service pool who are complementing the work of the authority. We, therefore, have more than 550 people looking at the protocols. To be fair to the Deputy, earlier she acknowledged the good work that has been done by the various stakeholders, including the unions, on ensuring that the return-to-work protocols are good and mean something. There are the required numbers of inspectors to enforce this. We should also take comfort in the fact, and acknowledge that of the inspections that have been carried out to date, 92% of companies are operating appropriately and adhering to the protocols that have been agreed with the unions and the representative bodies of business. They are being implemented well. The other 8% need to up their game and acknowledge that they have a responsibility to adhere to the protocols just as the vast majority of people are currently doing.